The following Bret Hart related documentaries were removed from the WWE Network:
– Bret Hart: The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be (2005)
– Hart & Soul: The Hart Family Anthology (2010)
– WWE’s Top 50 Superstars (2010)
– Greatest Rivalries: Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (2011)
– Bret Hart: The Dungeon Collection (2013)
– The Most Powerful Families In Wrestling (2019)
The reason behind this is that these documentaries included footage from Stampede Wrestling library.
It was reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there was a dispute about who owned Bret Hart’s Stampede Wrestling footage when the Hart Dynasty DVD was released. Hart didn’t want to cause an issue because Natalya and Harry Smith were with WWE at the time and the family benefited from the project.
Then WWE used Hart’s footage in another DVD and Bret Hart called Mark Carrano about it.
Hart called Mark Carrano and told him they needed to take his footage off it because he owns it. Carrano told Bret that they owned the footage and to take it up with legal. Hart texted Vince, who said he would look into it and when Vince realized that Hart owned it, he took everything down at that point right away and apologized about it.